Sunday, February 27, 2011

February, Where did you go?

Well, February is gone. And I can't say that I'm sad! I really have nothing against February, but I kind of think it's just a filler month. That month between the first of a new year, and the beginning of Spring (or at least I hope the beginning of Spring is right around the corner!). So, February, to you I say goodbye, and hello March!

And as for my blogging absence? We haven't been doing all that much here in the Knierim household...but here's my February recap anyhow. And maybe in March I'll be more inspired to blog. :) Until then, I will continue to enjoy catching up with your lives on your blog!

The month started off with the "expiration" of my Blackberry. I don't really know why I was upset when it died after I dropped it on the brick steps, but it seemed to have held up so well with all of my other mishaps that I was disappointed when it was done. Conveniently though, the Verizon iPhone launch was just days away. So I ordered a phone...and I got 2!
I got really excited about my luck, until Verizon threatened to charge me $700 for not returning the extra one. I explained to them that they didn't even have record that they sent me 2, and I was trying to tell Hunter that I could have Face Time with myself. He called me a nerd. Turns out the phone gods were watching out for me, as the first one I activated was faulty. Thankfully I had a spare! All is well in the world again and I LOVE my iPhone. Everyone should get one. :)

As we all know, February brings around Valentine's Day. This year, on the 13th, we joined my friend Katelyn and her family to celebrate her 30th...it was a fun, festive evening. (And I'm super excited that a close friend has joined the 30 club!)
Hunter and I chose to have a low-key evening for Valentine's Day, and cooked quite a steak feast. Both of us hate the crowds in restaurants on V Day, so we just enjoyed the company at home! And he did surprise me with these:

The second half of our month has been focused on our blasted rats, which have seemingly returned. We have had the pest guy at the house weekly, this most recent time with his supervisor. The worst trouble started last week, when Crosby was waking HOURLY during the night to howl and chase the rats. It was completely unbearable and Hunter and I were zombies. We woke up the next morning to find that the rats had done this:
Yes, they've been eating the dishwasher! I know it's an odd picture, but that's the plastic casing of the dishwasher and they decided to chew right on through. They also made a home in my "junk" drawer, leaving this mess:
Yes again, they ate through the bottom of a clutch, and ate my camera cord into 8 different pieces. Right now it's Knierims-0 and Rats-2. Our landlord is now actively involved and has a contractor ready to seal any and every hole leading into the house, but we have to wait to see if the damn things will eat the bait and die first. And until then, each night we lock both dogs in our room so they don't have the ability to chase the rats and howl. We are a cozy family of 4 come bedtime!

See, hasn't our February been fun? We have had a lot of good dinners with good friends, weekly Bachelor-watching parties (so glad crazy Michelle is gone!), some perfect Sunday-afternoon naps and life is good.

I'll leave you with an adorable picture of our rat-chasing, nap-loving, walk-needing kids:

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should combine your 2 most recent posts with a RECIPE for RATS .... maybe something like "rat au poivre" ....

    Love you guys!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete