Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July 2010: Part 2

Sunday afternoon Hunter and I hosted a party...I would call it a cookout, but Hunter and his friends call it the "4th of July Meat Challenge". Think Food Network...everyone was responsible for bring various meats to grill, with the goal of eating some of all. We grilled bison burgers and bison sausage, various delicious pork sausages, chicken, venison and tuna steaks. Wow.

The table was set and ready for the food...
The original Grillmaster himself
Amazing tuna steaks...Meat #1

All in all we hosted 15 people, 5 dogs and 4 children (under 3!). Here are Hunter, John, Mac, Jeff and Curt (with Caesar in front).
Hunter's sweet and handy parents made us a cornhole set, which made its grand debut. We, and all of our guests, LOVED it! Thanks, Karen and Scott!
Hunter and QC fighting for dominance...
And John and Mark wondering why the hell the other boys hadn't thrown the bags?!
Mac and Justin

Sophie, Madeline and me...love these sweet girls!
Jeff and Caesar
And Cord enjoying the dog pool!

No party is complete without dessert, so we had cake to celebrate Mac and Tara's birthdays. So yummy.And just in case anyone was confused about what I think of myself....
(but I let Katelyn borrow it for the night!)

All in all we had a fabulous 4th, complete with friends, too much food and lots of fun. Wouldn't that wear you out, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment