Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Saturday Recap: 7/3/10

Hunter and I had such a fun 4th of July weekend. Our friends, Tara and Curt (and their dog, Cord) arrived Friday night. We enjoyed a couple of cocktails on the deck, but retired fairly early (read: before getting 2nd wind and thinking it was wise to walk to bars) because we had a big day ahead of us!

Tara's birthday was Saturday, so she woke up to a fun gift. :) Birthdays are meant to be celebrated!
Tubing the James River was on our agenda for the day. I made a list to help me remember everything we needed, although I must have been a bit tired when I wrote it out....note the last item. Really, Katy?? I guess I just wanted to be extra comfortable on our river journey!
And we were off! 8 of us floated our way down the river. The weather was perfect...a "cool" 85 degrees. Perfect rivah weathah. Just before we left I found an unused underwater camera to take along. Here are a few shots from our day:
Hunter chillaxin with one of the cooler tubes. One had beer and one didn't...can you guess which one he was in charge of?
Gwin and Mac...Mac was mid-bite of beef jerky.The ultimate river meal...cold cheap beer and Uncrustables. Delicious!

Hunter and me at our mid-tube stop on the beach.
Whitney and me
After our fun-filled water day, we introduced Tara and Curt to one of our fave Richmond restaurants:
Tara and me pre-dinner:
And no visit to Kuba Kuba is complete without their amazing tres leches cake...especially for the birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment