One of the best things about hosting out-of-town friends is getting to show them around town.
Sunday afternoon Tara, Curt, Hunter and I headed down here:

To take a historical canal cruise:

It was so much fun! We learned all about the canals and how they were an important part of Richmond's history.
Tara and me:

Cruising underneath the only triple-railroad intersection...and I-95

Unique view of the city

Next we ventured here...

I had heard of this cemetery, but had not visited. I was impressed (I mean, as much as you can be by important dead people!) :)
Here is the largest Confederate memorial:


We visited President Monroe and President Tyler--both of them died on July 4, but just a few years ago.

Tara, Curt and Hunter acting as guards for President Monroe

We also saw Jefferson Davis' grave...quite a headstone!

And just a fun name!

I look forward to more friends coming to visit us in Richmond so Hunter and I can discover the city along with them. Our guest room is clean....who's next???
We want to come!!!!!
ReplyDeletethat all looks like SO much fun!