Sunday, January 2, 2011

Celebrating 30, Continued

This past week my family came to Richmond to celebrate Christmas and my birthday. We all had such a fun visit!

My parents are so generous and Thursday evening hosted a wine tasting for me and a few close friends. 
We tasted 4 French wines: 1 white and 3 reds. It was so great having our own sommelier explain each of the wines!
My mom, my brother and me
Me posing with the 2 Peggys
Randy, Vijay, Hunter and me
Hunter's parents and brother came from Charlottesville to help us celebrate and Karen brought me a pretty crown and light-up wand!
Hunter, Karen and Scott
Hunter had told me there was a small surprise--never in a million years would I have guessed this! Katelyn brought me monogrammed petit four almond cakes, all the way from Delaware! She had served them at Madeline's baptism this summer and knew I loved them. It was such a thoughtful surprise! (And I'm so proud that there are still some left 3 days later. :) I even froze some to make them last longer).
Aren't they beautiful? They melt in your mouth.
Katelyn, Madeline and me
I was so glad Madeline was able to come to the wine tasting for a bit.  She got to try on the crown, but wasn't so sure if she liked it.

Following the wine tasting, a group of us went to dinner at Lulu's Diner. Amazing, amazing food! There were some more princess decorations that debuted, and Jeff and Randy were great sports to wear their crowns!




The birthday girl and her Prince Charming

My brother ordered a caesar salad to start....it was grilled deliciousness!
Hunter and his brother

A dainty meal fit for a princess: pork chop and grilled macaroni and cheese
Cake was served on Ariel plates

I feel so blessed that my in-laws made the trip to come celebrate!
An evening to remember!
Peggy took a turn as the princess
We stopped back by the house after to open more presents, and Erik sang us a song about one of his chickens getting eaten. His lyrics are clever!

In addition to all of the partying, my parents gave me a gorgeous set of real freshwater pearls. I know I will wear them for years to come with fond memories of turning 30!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in hopes that you'll keep 2 in the freezer until I get there? I'd love to keep celebrating!

    ReplyDelete