Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A DIY Day

We all remember the "green room" in our new rental house, right?





I admit that I am a freak of nature when it comes to matching. I like EVERYTHING to match...jewelry, shoes, pillows, running clothes, socks...you get the picture. Over the years I have come to enjoy coordinating just as much as matching, but things just can't be haphazard. Drives me crazy.



So, the green room in the rental house will be home to our set of twin beds. My parents were gracious enough to give them to us to help us fill our house in SC, and my mom also gave me navy blue comforters to go on the beds. Are they my favorite? No. Were they free? 100%. And for that reason, I love them.



My dilemma in my head is "how are these navy comforters going to work in the green room?"



Insert solution:

I'm making pillows! These pillows will tie everything together, and for only a fraction of the cost of buying new comforters or paint!! But here's the funny part--I have never sewed anything in my life!

I'm sure with my mother-in-law's sewing machine and a few trial runs with scrap fabric, I'll be fine...I've always wanted to learn to sew! So stay tuned...

(Hunter called me when I was at the fabric store yesterday and I explained what I was doing. I warned him that they may turn out terrible due to my lack of sewing training...his response was that if that happens, we'll just frame them on the wall as my first sewing project! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment