I survived my first week in Virginia! Each day has been much better than the one before....I find myself getting more excited about the day rather than teary, so that's a start! I also feel as though I'm starting to learn my way around Charlottesville, which is a huge boost to my independence (yes, I have the GPS, but my innate sense of direction won't let me solely rely on that!)
A few of the highlights:
*Girl time - I got to hang out with Sarah, one of Hunter's best friend's wife. We went to Starbucks, got our nails done and did a little bit of shopping on the Downtown Mall. It was a much needed few hours out and I was so appreciative that she called!
*U2!! As many of you already heard, Hunter and I were invited to join his business partner and her friend at the U2 concert last night at the UVA stadium. It was a perfect fall night, and a ton of fun! I am the first to admit that I am not current on pop culture (or really music culture at all), and I gave Hunter a great laugh while we walking the dogs yesterday morning when I asked if Bono was married to Cher. Nevertheless, the concert was amazing and we had a great time!



*Rental house searching - I spent all of Thursday morning in Richmond looking for a rental house. While some smelled of smoke and cat urine (beyond disgusting), some of them were really cute. I'm not sure that any of them are the house for us for the coming months/ year, I am confident that we'll be able to find something that we can call home!
*Cool temperatures - This week the weather was perfect...cool breezes and sunshine. Fall to me is Halloween, changing leaves, apple orchards and all things pumpkin. I made homemade pumpkin bread last night...I'll share the recipe in another post.
I hope y'all have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment