This week marks 7 months that I've been in Richmond. 7 months since I left behind a job I loved, our first house, great friends and a ton of memories. And for the first time since then, I'm actually feeling like life in Richmond will be great.
Yesterday I caved and re-set all of my car radio stations to Richmond stations. I don't know why I hadn't done this, but in some weird way it was symbolic to me and I wasn't quite ready to let go. Last night Hunter had a work event (he and his partner won advertising awards!!) but I knew I had friends and made plans for myself. And this week I was extremely thankful to be at my current job.
While I'm sure this post is not interesting to anyone else, I guess I needed to document for myself that I made it to a point where the happy moments finally outweigh the longing to return to SC. I still miss SO many of my/our friends in Greenville, but I am already making plans to get down there this summer for a visit.
So here's to an optimistic future for Hunter and me in Richmond...come visit!!
Hey, Babe! I think your very understandable feelings are a manifestation of "home being where the heart is!" And hearts don't always move in big trucks or SUVs with canoes on top!! They move on their own schedules. We're so proud of you for the life you're creating in Richmond! Congrats to Hunter on the awards, and to both of you for following your hearts to a wonderful Richmond life!! We love you so! Dad
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you have found your stride and are loving life there!
ReplyDeleteI promise to come visit soon...tell Crosby and Ellie I will bring treats for them...and adult alcoholic treats for us!