We started our afternoon of fun with brunch here. Karen ordered a blueberry mojito...DELICIOUS!
Here is Hunter and his mom:
And me with my bloody mary (#1 of 2):.jpg)
The restaurant is on the Richmond riverview...beautiful view and tasty food. I had Eggs Diablo...fried eggs over cheese grits with grilled vegetables. So good! We also had crab puppies...Hushpuppies with crabmeat...they were quite possibly the best part of the meal!
After lunch, we went here, to enjoy Sundays in the Shade. While there are so many fabulous vineyards in Virginia, this one was nice because it was only 10 miles from Richmond. Sundays in the Shade includes live music and wine tasting for $5. It was so much fun! We tasted 18 wines (yes, all 18) and then shared 2 whole bottles. And yes, if you're keeping up with the math, it was 2 bloody marys, 18 tastings, and 1/3 of 2 bottles of wine. Good thing I wasn't driving!
The weather was cool but perfect, the conversation was tremendous and the day was just overall fun. Karen and Scott, thank you for joining us....and Hunter, happy birthday!!!
love this! ps. I miss you virginia vines. come back!
ReplyDelete