I am finding it hard to believe that June is already over. I feel like it flew by...I guess I was just busy?
A glimpse back:
-HOT HOT HOT...we had 3 102+ degree days which marked the history books here in Richmond. It most definitely felt like the dog days of summer...just a month too early.
-Phoenix. You all read the post...fun, funny and challenged my professional mind.
-Ellie was declared heartworm free and she's lost 4 lbs. Yay Ellie! Crosby, on the other hand, loves her diet food, so he now eats whatever she leaves in her bowl AND his own food and therefore gained 2 lbs in 5 weeks. Not so good.
-When I long for days with my family and they are too far away, I am thankful for my surrogate Mom and Dad in Richmond, Vijay and Peggy. Peggy is Brittany's mom and she and her husband Vijay have become such good friends of mine since we moved back. A few weekends ago we all went to the pool and Vijay and I jumped off the diving boards. Super fun.
-LRC....it's caught on here! I hosted last week and had 9...yes 9!...girls come. And I won $30. Can't beat that. It was so much fun and seeing 9 friends, some old and some new, sitting around my kitchen table made my heart happy. Life in Richmond is good.
-I was asked to be godmother to Madeline, my very dear friend and college roommate Katelyn's daughter. I am so unbelievably honored and humbled by this request and I look forward to fulfilling this important role. And I just might add "fairy" in front of the godmother title from time to time. Every Nancy needs some Fancy. ;) Madeline will be baptized on July 22 and hopefully I can snag a few pictures to share her preciousness with you.
-And speaking of Madeline, I got to babysit her last night while her parents went out to celebrate their anniversary. We had a lot of girl talk and she smiled and talked right back to me. I was in love! And she didn't cry until 2 minutes before her parents walked back in the door...go figure. Hopefully they will still allow me to stay with her again!
-I am mentally ready for the beach...less than 2 weeks and we'll be there! While I wish my to-do list only included packing and getting the car oil changed, it unfortunately also includes working 24 extra hours before we go. You see, I don't have any access to my vacation time at work until I've been there 6 months. My 6 months is up on Monday, July 19....we return from the beach on Saturday, July 17. Annoying. So in order to not have to pay back my benefits, I have to work 20 hours ahead. And because I can make it 24 hours and get paid for 3 days while I'm gone, I'm pushing through it. Let's just say that there's been plenty of drama this month in my work world and as a result I have plenty of work to do. And it will make the beach that much better when we finally get there.
-This weekend is a 3 day weekend! WOOHOO! Tara and Curt are coming up from Greenville and I've had so much fun planning our weekend...right now it's packed full of activities including tubing down the rivah, fun birthday dinners out (Happy Birthday, Tara!), Hunter's grilling-I-mean-"meat challenges" and doggie play. And obviously wine...wine is always a part of fun weekends with the Knierims!
Happy to July to all of you...I'll be back maybe before the beach, or definitely after. Mwah!
We are so delighted to have our "2nd daughter" right here in Richmond! You are the BEST and we heart you! Lots of fun pool days are left for the summer! :)
ReplyDelete