Monday, December 20, 2010

1st Annual Christmas Dinner

Saturday night Hunter and I dined with 15 of our closest friends at Mamma Zu. The idea was born out of my desire to celebrate the season all together, but not wanting to clean having the room to properly host the gathering at my house. I hope that we can make this an annual tradition, as it was a truly enjoyable night with amazing friends.

We started the evening off at The Jefferson Hotel...Gwin, QC and Whitney were in the spirit!


Want some martini with those olives?

Gwin, Whitney, me and Jess

Corey, Hunter, QC, Mac and Mark

Mike, Mark, Corey and Justin


QC and his hot toddy

Whitney, Kate and me

The girls!

Friday night Hunter, Mark and QC spontaneously decided that a boys' Secret Santa was a must for Saturday's dinner. I was quite impressed with the gifts created, bought and given in less than 24 hours!

Here's Mike opening up the fashionable shirt Hunter gifted him. Hunter was very disappointed that his first two gift choices (the ShakeWeight and TruckNutz) were too hard to find in the time given.

John got bottles of bourbon for himself and his twin girls!

QC's hilarious lunchbox

And the book QC gave Justin...the Kama Pootra

Justin was ready for some delicious Italian! I wish I had taken pictures of all of the amazing food, but I was too busy eating!

The Howes and the Knierims

And Take 2:


Mac's gift to Hunter was personalized sweatshirts with pictures of the dogs. Mac found pics on Hunter's blog and Facebook and ironed them on to sweatshirts. SO creative and HILARIOUS. I was practically crying when Hunter opened them. (this particular sweatshirt was a pic of a car ride when Crosby refused to get in the back, so he rode up front and Ellie and I had to sit in the back)

It was an amazing night and I look forward to many more in coming years!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Love the sweatshirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a blast! I love this idea. You get to have fun with your friends during the holidays without all of the work and clean up :)

    ReplyDelete