Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in Review

Wow. I can't believe it's New Year's Eve! We are having a low-key night with the fam, and I couldn't be more excited. I just feel like we have been social-ed out recently, so I am looking forward to a delicious dinner of steaks, wine and birthday cake. :)



Here's my look back at 2010:

January
Lots of snow...a trip to NY to visit baby Caroline...skiing (and no skiing accidents!)...a new job, and with it a wide-eyed look at parts of Richmond I'd never seen before

February
More snow...the beginnings of Richmond baby showers....a low-key Valentine's Day with my amazing husband

March
The beginning of Spring....a visit from my mama...reaffirming my popularity backstage at Wicked...a weekend trip to Rochester...Hunter's first garbage plate...a sweet sweet baby shower for baby Madeline and a weekend visit from Kelly...my first conference presentation as a Child Life specialist in Charlotte

April
Hunter turned 32...wine tasting....finally feeling like Richmond was home...the beginning of many memorable Yappy Hours with Whitney

May
Weekend trip to Birmingham to celebrate Ruth....my first NASCAR experience...baby Caroline's first visit to Richmond

June
Heat wave...presenting at the national Child Life conference in Phoenix...my first ride in a fire truck...a pitiful attempt at a home herb garden

July
Tubing down the James...a fun visit from Tara and Curt...Full-on family beach trip to Kiawah....the realization that summer was already half over

August
My attempt at being a triathlete....weekend trip to NY to celebrate Caroline's 1st birthday...building excitement about football season starting soon!

September
The debut of the new Richmond football stadium...our 2nd wedding anniversary...football, football and more football!

October
Karen's Spectacular 60th Flamingo Party...a trip home to Birmingham to hang out with my mama...our run-in with the rats...a fabulous visit from Emmelien

November
Celebrating Christopher's 22nd and Gramps' 90th...Philly cheesesteaks...a fun weekend trip to NYC...giving thanks for all our blessings

December
Disney World...Christmas and Hunter getting the stomach bug...snow (again)...a visit from the fam...and finally the big 3-0

As I look at 2010 next to the review post from 2009, our year looked less busy. It really didn't feel that way, but I know that there were many less "big" changes. We were more in a routine...a good routine. I will raise my glass of champagne tonight to fabulous family, cherished friends, an amazing husband and more blessings than I can count.

CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment