2. I have a massive, deeply purple bruise on my thigh from falling on the ice on the way home from my karaoke attempts on Saturday night. I do not think the fall had anything to do with the thin mint martini I had at the bar...it was just icy.
3. Hunter is embarassed by my singing...especially when I make up words to songs, or when I sing to our dogs.
4. I love getting the mail in December...receiving Christmas cards makes me smile. I save all of them, but I am not sure why. Do you save all of your cards from year-to-year? Do you look at them?
5. I am afraid of roaches. I keep waiting to find them in our rental house just because I feel like they are everywhere. My bug man in Greenville and I were BFF.
6. I own copies of the Polar Express in 2 languages, French and English. I hope I can still remember how to pronounce things in French when I someday read them to my children.
7. I wish I knew Spanish as opposed to French...I think French is a prettier language but Spanish would be waay more useful.
8. I once read about a celebrity whose father took her to Paris when she was school-aged and told her that he wanted to make sure that the first man who took her to Paris really loved her. I thought that was hopelessly romantic. I told Hunter and he laughed. He said the only place in France he'd like to visit is Monaco. I guess he won't be taking our daughter there one day.
9. I worry about how to explain the multitude of Santas to my future children. They are all over this time of year, but if they are just his helpers, then why are they all dressed like him? Hmm.
10. I love the smell of candles, but I never buy them.
11. Recently I decided I like pears. I like pears even more when paired with gorgonzola cheese.
12. I save magazine reviews of beauty products like it's my job, yet most of the time I'm too stingy to spend money on whatever they reviewed.
13. I can justify paying a lot for a good pair of jeans, but not for make-up. Maybe I should rethink that...I only get one face to last me my lifetime!
14. I have also recently fallen in love with the Caramel Apple Cider at Starbucks. I try not to think about the calories when I drink it.
15. I have had 4 cars that I have called my own. They were all Volvos. One was a station wagon. :)
16. Planes make me feel germy, but I love flying. I just have to take my own pillow and some hand sanitizer.
17. A lot of days I still really miss Greenville, especially our house and my friends.
18. Bright colors make me happy, but I love black and white pictures.
19. In case any of you read a comment my brother left on another post, yes, I did keep a fashion calendar in high school. It helped me not repeat outfits too often. I do not know who I thought really cared what I wore. That Katy would not be happy with the current Katy who often wears the same fleece days in a row.
20. That same Katy from high school LOVED talking on the phone. This Katy sometimes prefers email, although Hunter still thinks I talk so much that I might get a brain tumor.
21. I love to entertain. I could spend countless hours menu planning or countless dollars on platters, new plates/glassware, decorations, etc. I wish I had enough capital to start my own party planning business. (Yes, I have even thought of children's birthday party themes....I am crazy, I know).
22. I like reading other people's blogs, but I should be better about commenting. Sometimes I wonder if people read what I write. Sometimes I talk about other blogs as if I actually know the people. Hunter thinks it's weird.
23. I wish I had had a sled this past weekend. I will have to find one before it snows again.
24. I am excited that my birthday is this weekend. I am pretending that I am 23. DE-NIAL.
25. I should probably wear a crown on my birthday. It might help me feel better about the #s.
*ETA: 26. I am terrible at geography. Especially European geography.
That's it for today....can you believe it's only 3 days until Christmas?
Umm...I never said I would visit Monaco in France b/c Monaco is it's own city-state with it's own Monarchy. I said I would rather go to Monaco than Paris. And I would.
ReplyDeleteI heart you KYK. I too love caramel apple cider (get it with 3 pumps instead of 6 without whipped cream.. make you feel better about it! *disclaimer... that is for a grande)
ReplyDeleteWe maybe needed a fashion calendar during our internship days. Love the story of going to Paris.. I think I will mention that to Derek. I wish i wish I had a sled.. but a snow blower had to do this time. we are best friends with some blog writers, they just don't know it yet. they will one day.
I'm totally thinking about having a karaoke party for my birthday...even though I know that'd be a really long way for you to drive. I just had to laugh when I read that...if you were to come, maybe we could sing "Baby Got Back" and then fall off the stage together! :o) Miss you!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete