Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

25 random things about me:

1. I don't think a person can ever have enough stationery.
2. When I was in elementary school, I used to cut out pictures from magazines and glue them onto posterboard displaying my future family, our clothes, furniture, cars, etc.
3. I was watching the movie Dan in Real Life and someone said in the movie that in life you have to "plan to be surprised"...I think that is truly the best plan, and all of the recent changes in our life are a testimony to that. My nature is to make firm plans but I'm learning that's not real life.
4. I am a grammar and spelling freak. The word "supposably" does not exist--it is either supposedly or probably and it drives me crazy when people say that. (Well, the word does exist, but never in the way people use it.)
5. I am totally loving my housewife role right now.
6. I have a ridiculous obsession with The Hills and The City on MTV.
7. I never imagined I would be such a dog lover.
8. I wish I read the newspaper daily. Subscribing would probably be the first step.
9. I hope to someday travel to all 50 states.
10. I wish I knew the Bible better.
11. I think Halloween is fun, but it's my least favorite holiday.
12. I have crazy dreams...almost every night...and I can remember them. I don't know how or why this happens.
13. I still love to catch snowflakes on my tongue. I guess that's a result of living in the South. :)
14. Baking makes me happy. If I could only figure out how to bake and not eat all of it, life would be even better.
15. I am not good at putting clean laundry away. I can wash and then fold, but for some reason I have trouble getting it into the drawers.
16. I would like to learn how to sew and how to build things. Anything.
17. I wish I knew how the internet worked. It's a mystery to me!
18. I strive to be a gracious hostess. I always want our house to be open and inviting, to our friends and family now, but also to our children's friends in the future.
19. I am a devout follower of What Not To Wear. It should be mandatory for everyone to watch it.
20. Despite my best attempts not to, I sometimes hold grudges.
21. I think birthdays are meant to be celebrated. Celebrated BIG.
22. I wish champagne didn't give me such a headache, because I think it's fun.
23. I would like to have a pet polar bear. I offered to build it a pool. Hunter said it might eat me.
24. My favorite season is Fall.
25. The best sound in the world (other than the howl of a hound dog-ha!) is a child's laughter.

4 comments:

  1. that post makes me smile. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Maybe your best yet! And I won't even tease you about #2!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...where do I begin!! Just kidding...

    For #2: I think that you forgot to mention as a side note that you had a fashion calendar in high school which you made every 3 weeks so you wouldn't wear the same outfit twice...really??

    For #12: I remember when you would wake up on the weekends, come crawling out onto the couch in the living room, and would recant your adventures from the night before...sometimes they would be really good!!

    Love you! :)

    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK ... how long did it take you to notice, apropos #4, that Christopher probably meant to say "recount" rather than "recant"????? :-)

    ReplyDelete