Monday, February 22, 2010

Great Expectations: Baby Shower #1

Yesterday I hosted an open house/couples' baby shower with 2 other really fun girls. We had a ball planning for the shower...the honored couple is expecting twin girls in April. We took the pink and ran with it! Check out a few pics from the event....


Here is the cute invite we mailed out:
A few shots of the festive decorations, the hostesses, and some of the men (they were such good sports...I think it was the first baby shower experience for all of them!)



I made and decorated baby carriage cookies for the favors. While my kitchen looked like a disaster area for awhile, I think they turned out well!
We had quite the spread for food...check out all of the deliciousness!

While everything tied together really well, I think the drink table was my favorite. It just looked preppy, well-thought out and pretty!

We featured vodka limeade in the punch bowl. Care for a glass?All in all I think the day was a success!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I am so proud of you and that fabulous shower!!!! We totally need to help plan one anothers showers one day... love love love love it!!!

    I just wish I could have helped with those cookies... I am fabulous with pink icing if I do say so myself ;) ohh from weddings to babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 2 cookies, a cupcake, and a gallon of vodka limeade please?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you had featured a picture with the floating babies. They were a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete