Today I first hopped on the elliptical. Couldn't tell you who was on the machine to my right, but lady on the left caught my eye. Super short hair, way-too-thin tank and umbros. Yes, Umbros (I should have known this would be interesting right when I saw those). Probably in her 50s. First thought, good for her she's working out. Time goes by and lady gets off machine. Doesn't wipe it down. EWW. Proceeds to stand in front of fan (about 2 inches in front of my machine) and flap her too-thin tank and umbros around, I guess to cool herself off? Could have fooled me..didn't see a drop of glisten anywhere. She leaves area and I forget about her.
Fast forward 15 min and I have moved on to stairmaster. See aforementioned lady doing nautilus machines...incorrectly of course. Next thing I know she is blowing her nose, then looking at her tissue, then blowing some more, then looking some more...in the middle of the freaking gym floor! Double EWW! Who does that? She proceeds to get back on her nautilus machine...and I start to notice her pattern. She wipes the machine down first, then gets on and then goes on. Therefore she is touching that equipment with her tissue-studying hands. Triple EWW!
To her credit, she made my time on the machines go by quickly, but I hope not to have to watch her unsanitary actions again any time soon.
(Ed. note: this was all hilarious to me earlier today. As I re-read I'm not so sure it's as funny if you weren't there, but those of you who know me well will be able to imagine me telling it to you as though you were there!)
triple EW. gross!
ReplyDeleteyesterday... 2 hours on the treadmill... 6 different people ran next to me... love people watching!
I'm all about the people watching when I have to cardio on the machines. It's the only way to make the time pass!! :o)
ReplyDelete