Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hearts Afire


I have to admit that I think Valentine's Day is kind of a silly holiday. While I don't mind the candy and hearts, I think that it's just an excuse for people to buy cards, roses, chocolate and go out to dinner to eat off a special-but-not-always-as-good-menu with everyone else in town. But that's just my opinion.
I certainly will take the opportunity tomorrow to tell Hunter how much I love him, and that I'm thrilled to have a Valentine, but I kinda tell him this every day anyway. And while I moved those fab diamond earrings and MacBook from the Christmas wish list to the Valentine's wish list, we're actually not exchanging gifts.
Today I went to see the movie Valentine's Day....it was really cute (and the popcorn at the movie theater was possibly the best ever, which made the movie that much sweeter!). If you go, make sure you stay for the out-takes during the credits...hilarious.
Tomorrow Hunter's parents are coming into town for brunch. We were supposed to celebrate Hunter's dad's birthday 2 weeks ago, but we kept getting snowed out of going to Charlottesville, so the celebration will take place tomorrow. And I've thought about making these to share, but I don't know how motivated I am seeing as it's already 10 pm.
I hope you enjoy your Valentine's Sunday, whether you're cuddled up inside with your Valentine, or waiting for a visit from Cupid. And if all romance attempts fail, just grab a bottle of wine and watch the Olympics. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe! I may make these! My Valentine isn't much for sweets, but I will heart them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...those look yummy! Something else to have when I come see you :)

    ReplyDelete