Thursday, September 9, 2010

All in my crazy head...

...are these thoughts!

1. Football's back. In case you missed Hunter's Twitter and FB status updates, the mini plastic helmets are back on my mantle. I wonder if Crosby would eat them, given the chance? :) (just kidding, dear)


2. My actions today truly impacted the future of a child. How cool is that? Today made some of the other thankless, exhausting days 100% worth it.

3. I made cupcakes tonight. But in true OCD-Katy fashion, I had to place the cupcake liners in a pattern according to color in the tin. I know I'm weird.

4. I went to the gym 3 times this week. Yay me! Hoping to keep this up (and not eat too many of cupcakes mentioned above).

5. When I went to the gym on Monday, the girl at the desk mistook me for a college student. Holla! For a few days I was totally ok with turning 30.

6. But then a friend got a minivan...and my fears returned of old age and frumpiness lurking around the corner.

7. We have no plans this weekend. And I'm excited about it.

8. I am planning a 60th birthday party. Stay tuned for details...the party honoree has to find out for herself first, though, before I blog reveal. She should receive her invite this weekend.

9. I am a big Taylor Swift fan, but I didn't think she sounded so fab on TV tonight in NOLA. Anyone else feel the same way? Hunter said that her bass player (a high school orchestra-mate of his) tweeted that he was hungover today. Maybe Taylor was, too.

10. I am in the midst of a really negative EBay experience...like the shoes still haven't shown up. Have had to open a Paypal dispute and now it's escalated to a claim. The seller says she shipped my boots but the tracking ID says they went to Bristol, CT. Umm, I never told you I lived there.

11. On the other hand I have been ordering lots of party supplies from Etsy. Those sellers (knock on wood) are so sweet and accommodating!! And I am so excited about what I ordered!

12. When the dogs and I walked this morning, it was in the 60s! Makes me want to do a happy Fall dance. Don't worry, I'll spare you.

13.  I dropped my Blackberry in the toilet again last week. This is the second time that's happened in 9 months. Lesson learned...don't enter bathroom with phone in hand or in pocket. This time it dried out and while I could only text for the first few days and the camera appeared every time I hit send, it's now back to normal. When the Blackberry or my contract expires, I'll be getting an iphone.

14. Watching football makes me want to be a cheerleader. Wish I could show you a pic of me as a cheerleader in 6th grade (there were no tryouts)...I was stellar. :)

15. At 6:45 tonight I was suddenly inspired to mop all of the floors in our house, old-school style with the mop and bucket (I tend to be lazy and use the Swiffer a lot). I'm hoping I burned a few calories...and I like the feel of clean floors under bare feet.

16. Speaking of bare feet, I am in desperate need of a pedicure. Anyone want to join me this weekend?

17. Do you know how many people spell definitely wrong? There is no "a".

18. While I'm on the grammar kick, I often criticize myself for using too many ellipses. Oh well. I was proud of myself because I actually looked up the correct presentation of a.m. and p.m. to include on the recent party invite.

19. Another often misused phrase is "comprised of". It's either "the team was composed of 5 players" or "the team comprised 5 players". Of never follows comprises. Did you know that?

20. Leave me a comment with your weekend plans! And if you've never commented before, come on out!!

TGIF-almost!

7 comments:

  1. Just because a friend got a minivan, doesn't mean that YOU have to get one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you calling me frumpy? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I would totally spell definitely wrong if it weren't for spellchecker, but I'm sure you knew this already. That's why I def. use abbreviations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my ... the juxtaposition of 6th grade cheerleading memories with grammar checks and thoughts of minivans ... definately reminiscence time!!! And I'll be happy to join you for the pedicure ... what is it comprised of??? :-) Love you!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous that you have an easy weekend planned! Paul & I are headed to Tennessee tonight for the TN/Oregon game tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the game, just not the travel and how quickly the weekend will pass. And good job with the gym!! I went for the 3rd time this week last night...but only lasted 13 minutes! HAHAHAHA. Stupid Gold's Gym moved my Body Pump class and I didn't realize until too late. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: the phone in the toilet thing, you do realize iPhones don't work in water either, right? Just making sure. They also don't come with "oops" replacement policies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-you've been a busy bee. We've had a great weekend so far, wedding in DC on Friday night, order custom cabinets for our bathroom this morning, then to my husbands company picnic, catching later football games and highlights. Sunday church and helping out the sorority chapter I advise at American University.

    ReplyDelete