Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some days are not so fun...

A request for prayers...Hunter's grandmother was in a very bad car accident today. She is currently stable in the ICU in Savannah, but she's suffering from a broken pelvis, a broken rib, I'm sure a bunch of bruises, and a hurt heart. Please say a prayer for her tonight, as well as Hunter's mother and her sister.

And on a lighter note, something to make you laugh...
...today I was prescribed an antibiotic. No biggie, until I hand the Rx to the pharm tech who shows it to the pharmacist and says "Will you tell her about the side effects?" Ummm, side effects? Like other than the fine print that you usually don't have to worry about? Apparently.
The pharmacist proceeds to tell me that with this antibiotic you cannot have any alcohol, or you will throw up excessively. I think I must have looked stunned, because she went on to say that not only could I not drink alcohol but I also couldn't use any mouthwash containing alcohol, nor any cough syrup containing alcohol. Well I immediately begin to think about my social calendar for the next week, which clearly includes alcohol. So I say "well if I start taking it tomorrow, can I stop and drink and then resume?" She kinda chuckled and said no, that my system had to be clear for 48 hours. I mean, does she know that the first Richmond game in the new stadium is Saturday? Does she know that Hunter and I are attending a benefit and wine auction tomorrow night? Does she know that I have a wine date with a friend on Monday? Sheesh! Apparently if I want to get better,  I will be drinking club soda at all of the above events.
In the meantime, Katelyn and I have decided that we are going to give our future teenagers a low daily dose of this med, so that we'll know when they've been drinking, or I guess just swishing a lot of mouthwash. :)
(And please, spare me any snarky comments about how I may need to re-evaluate my drinking habits. I don't drink a lot, I just drink often. :) However, you are free to comment on how you laughed when you read this because you could just imagine this playing out in your head!)

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! I can just see your face. I have never heard of an antibiotic doing that!!!!!
    Also, all my love to Hunter's family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

    And prayers to hunters gma.

    ReplyDelete