To finish off a phenomenal weekend, today we headed down to Whitney's parents' farm/land for fun in the sun with the dogs. Crosby loves to ride in the car, and stick his head out in the wind.
Whitney's dad lives in a old farmhouse, complete with a barn, tons of land and a pond.
Whitney brought out the 4 wheeler, but Crosby and Tucker were too interested in chasing it for us to feel safe riding it.
We spent some time at the pond and guess who swam? She looks like a little otter. :)
Tucker loved swimming, too...as well as chasing our row boat. At one point he tried to climb in the boat and almost tipped us over!
Next we shot skeet. Let's talk about how I have never held a gun, much less shot one. Whitney was a pro. :)
I, on the other hand, shot the shotgun once and was kinda done. And I know this is THE most unflattering picture of me EVER, but I needed to include it for posterity. The gun was heavy!!! I was kinda done more because Crosby was scared than anything, but I'd definitely try it again.
After shooting came fishing.
Crosby loved the farm. He LOVED being off leash and bounding through the woods, However, in typical hound fashion, he often was more interested in exploring than listening to me yell "Crosby, come!!" He is quite smart, too, and would stop in his tracks when you called him, sit down and wait for you to turn your head. When you turned away, he continued on his tracks. Darn dog! He was sweet for most of the day, though.
Towards the end of the day, Ellie noticed the horses and went over to bark say hi. But then she wouldn't leave, until we called her into the car.

Tiger dog is sooo jealous right now! She hasn't been to the lake in ages. Guess her momma should take care of that?
ReplyDeletewhat a fun and adventure filled day!!! wonder what lilly and murph would do...
ReplyDelete