Sunday, January 24, 2010

How was your weekend?

What have you been up to this weekend?

We have eaten delicious Mexican twice:
I saw this with 2 fun girls (and it's hilarious!):
And we took these 2 cuties to the dog park:

Now tell me what you did!
We've had a pretty low-key weekend, which I think was just what I needed after working all week *sigh* (jk!). It was really sunny and nice yesterday which made me wish it were spring...but it was overcast and dreary today. Hopefully next week the groundhog will NOT see his shadow and warmer temps will find their way to Richmond!

I'm actually excited to go back to work tomorrow...Friday was my first day with my supervisor and I learned more about what I'll be doing on a daily basis. I will carry a caseload of about 40 families, and will meet with them either in their homes or in their daycare/therapy setting. I'm trying to practice my game face...while I'm sure all of these families are sweet, there was mention that some of the homes I'll be visiting might have sanitation issues (i.e. bug infestations, and ROACHES! eeek!), and that I might have to be the one to have to help them address the issues if they are affecting the baby. So....I am praying for grace and an invisible shield when I go into those homes for the first time. :)

I'll be back this week with some great recipes I've recently tried, and pictures from Richmond Fun: January Edition. Hunter and I made a NY resolution together that each month we would do 1 thing in Richmond that we have never done before (museum, festival, etc.) We are running out of days in January and I am sharing this resolution with all of you so that we are accountable! Stay tuned.

Enjoy your evening!

2 comments:

  1. Lions and tigers and ROACHES!!! Oh my!!!

    Good luck! Love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy-should we tell her that there might be mice involved as well?
    But I think she'll be able to find her game face quickly. Although I would love to be waiting for her in the car when she's finished at some of the places!

    ReplyDelete