Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Look Back...

To me, it seemed like the only constant in 2009 was change. As I think ahead and look to what I hope the future holds for us, I'm fairly confident we will never escape change. And I do think change is good, just maybe in smaller doses than we had this year. :) Here's to a big year that now is behind us and 12 whole months ahead....may the best of our past be the worst of our future!

2009 in review:
January
Rang in the New Year in downtown Gville with our good friends as was tradition...began the year in our new house...lost 10 pounds...found out BFF was expecting which started the excitement about all things baby!...adopted Ellie at the Gville Humane Society...took trip up to Charlottesville to surprise Hunter's dad for his 60th bday

February
Continued to try to train Ellie...cried a lot about Ellie not fitting into our family...spent a weekend in frigid upstate NY visiting BFF and my brother...gained 10 pounds back

March
I'm sure we did a lot in March but the most memorable part was taking Ellie to boot camp, and then picking up a different dog....ever since she has been the perfect addition to our little family...realized economy crunch had hit Gville as Hunter took 10% paycut...had to break up with cleaning lady :(

April
Easter brunch at Soby's with the fam...Hunter's 31st birthday (we talked about goals and how by 32 he wanted a new job...check!)...spent a weekend at Bed & Breakfast in Landrum, SC, and enjoyed exploring little towns nearby

May
Spent blissful week sailing the Abaco Islands with Hunter's family in honor of his dad's 6oth...hosted Memorial Day gathering with few good friends that, at least in my mind, was the start of truly wonderful and solid friendships (shout-out to the Lindsays and the Collins'!)

June
Took weekend trip to Birmingham...Tubed down a river in Columbia (best summer day by far)...Learned that we are not invincible, nor are our jobs

July
Spent the 4th in Savannah...learned that leaving Greenville might actually be a possibility...tried to wrap my head around that...had a great girls' wknd in Gville and those ladies helped me sort through all of the possible change...met with realtor and put our house on the market

August
Hunter and I began our 8 week separation as he and the dogs left to begin life in VA...I joined Jazzercise...got amazing annual review at work...was thrilled to find out BFF #2 was pregnant...missed my dogs A LOT...got offered job in VA but for $11/hour, thanks-but-no-thanks...took phenomenal Saturday tour of part of VA wine country

September
Spent 4 days in Curacao with fave Dutch friends...started this blog...quit my job and said goodbye...celebrated 1st anniversary

October
Fell victim to H1N1, went to U2 concert, baked, baked and baked some more (probably to drown my sorrows following moving), found our rental house, house in Gville went under contract, met baby Caroline (first baby of my close friends!) at the Homestead, found out I was accepted to present at national CL conference

November
Closed on our house in Gville (woohoo!), found out Ellie had heartworms, got my first stitches, started babysitting for sweet baby boy as I continued job search

December
Continued job search, started embracing and loving my role as housewife, felt the heartbreak of the Richmond Spiders losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs, celebrated Christmas with friends and family in Richmond, got 2 interviews (which at least made me feel somewhat professionally valued!), flew to Mexico for Christmas, celebrated birthday 29 (eek!)

All in all, I am thankful that no matter where I was in the world in 2009, I knew that I had the support and love of family and friends. And I'm blessed. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is adorable! found it through a friend of mine's. Adding you to my daily reading asap! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete