Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter Fun: Saturday

The official measurement at our house was about 9 inches. It snowed heavily ALL day Saturday.
We took the dogs out to a nearby field to let them run....they didn't mind it, but I don't think they loved it.
Then I took my sled out. It was fabulous. It was honestly snowing a little too hard to stay out very long, but I made the best of it. :)
Next we went to the Richmond basketball game. The roads were not clear, but it wasn't anything a little 4 wheel drive couldn't handle! Hunter and John were not thrilled I requested a pic in the freezing cold and falling snow!Last night Hunter and I made gumbo. It was delicious! Southern Living refers to it as "weeknight meal", but I disagree. While the prep wasn't necessarily difficult, I felt like I used multiple pans/pots, chopped a TON, and had to actively watch the gumbo during numerous steps. This will remain a weekend meal for us!
Even Ellie thought the meal was drool-worthy!
(this is common when she sees/smells meat! Ladylike, right?)

It was a fun, snowy day! It was also a perfect excuse for me to wear the snow boots I got after our first Richmond snow. Aren't they cute?

While the snow can be annoying, I appreciate that it forces us to slow down the pace of life for a weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I think the pictures of you on the sled are funny...and we also know the moment when the sled broke....

    ReplyDelete