Sunday, March 7, 2010

Katelyn's Baby Shower

Yesterday I helped throw a baby shower for a dear friend and college roommate, Katelyn. It was a fun weekend filled with seeing old friends, drinking good wine (well, all of us but Katelyn) and all things pink. Here are a few pics from her fun day.

Adorable clothesline. Do you see the bathing suit and sunglasses next to it? OMG so cute.

Another friend, Erica, and I made the diaper cake together. (I thought it came out so adorably that I kinda wanted to keep it for myself! Haha)
There was even a Mommy surprise in the middle!
Katelyn received a lot of amazing and varied gifts. I gave her this basket, containing a Sleep Sheep, Sophie la Girafe, Kiddopatamus placemat, a baby Gap outfit and Fancy Nancy. We asked each guest to bring a book instead of a card and amazingly, everyone brought different books! I know Katelyn and her baby girl will both benefit from the library that has now been started!
Here is just one of the cute presents Katelyn received...a baby duck bathrobe!
Delicious cake
And the hostesses with the mommy-to-be
Of course everyone took cookies home, too!

The shower and the atmosphere were full of excitment and pure joy for this baby girl...I absolutely cannot wait to meet her in 6 short weeks! She is so blessed to have such amazing parents!









1 comment:

  1. Katy,
    What a wonderful day it was! You all did such a beautiful job and Katelyn was very touched. All that's left is the waiting for baby girl to arrive. Thanks again for being such a dear friend to Katelyn. I am so happy you are in Richmond with her to share this special time.

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete