Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend Recap: Child Life in Charlotte

Two weekends ago I traveled to Charlotte to present at a Child Life conference. The weekend was filled with lots of Child Life Specialists, fun drinks (duh) and lots of laughs. I honestly can't remember the last time I have laughed as hard as I did many times during that weekend--it was like a 2 night slumber party!

Here is a picture of Brittany and me toward the end of the conference. Brittany and I were grad school roommates and it was so fun to see her and hear her present! She is super knowledgeable about how to help kiddos who come into the ER after a traumatic accident/injury.

Christi, Brittany and I are showing off our souvenir water bottles! Christi is my co-presenter; we presented on Child Life in the NICU and the importance of developmental care. I got to know Christi so much better during our weekend in CLT and I am very much looking forward to presenting again with her in Phoenix at the national conference!Following the conference two of my favorite Greenville people came up to spend the night. Here we are at Chili's...me, Tara, Memory, Christi and Brittany! I worked with Tara and Memory in Greenville and miss them every day. I was so blessed and thankful that they drove up to hang out with me!!
And we had a few of these...
Friends :)
Oh, and I took this picture for Hunter. This is a pet therapy dog who visits the children's hospital in Charlotte. Check out that holiday outfit! I thought if I showed this to Hunter then my occasional seasonal wear for Crosby and Ellie would seem pretty subdued.
Overall it was an amazing weekend. I hope to see all of those ladies again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment