
Fast forward to this year. It was about 30 degrees cooler, and we're not as young. But, we had just as much fun! Here is Allie and me, trying to stay warm before the races started.
And the whole Knierim clan....excuse my outfit, it was totally not horse-race appropriate, but with the rain and frigid-ness, I had to make amends. Next year hopefully I can wear Lilly again!
Apart from the wagering, drinking and horse-watching, there is some phenomenal people watching. As you can see in this pic, one guy decided he needed a nap, so he just plopped down next to the well. Thankfully his friends found him!
And this chick....wow. Similar to the Kentucky Derby, but in a more casual way, the attire of Foxfield is sundresses, seersucker and pretty hats. Somehow this girl didn't get the memo that skin-tight, ass-baring dresses really aren't appropriate. (Hunter was so impressed with her outfit that he even gave me his iPhone to take this pic! haha)
And I won! I won $26 in $2 bills betting on the horses. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment