Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Start your engines!

In 2 weeks we are heading down to Charlotte for NASCAR! Hunter and his business partner Carrie did some pro bono work for an event that's taking place that weekend called Taylor's Finish Line Festival. Taylor is Joe Gibb's grandson, and has recently been treated at Levine Children's Hospital for leukemia. During race weekend they are throwing a huge festival to celebrate the end of Taylor's treatment that will simultaneously benefit Levine and Make-a-Wish.
I can't wait to join in the celebration, as I have never been to a NASCAR race before.

Check out the car that was created to publicize the festival--that's Hunter and Carrie's design!

And now for the biggest question...what do I wear? I tend to picture this when I think NASCAR...
Not exactly the look I am going for. :) Any thoughts from those of you who have attended the races before? If we were just going for the fun of it I would likely wear a denim skirt or shorts with a cute top, but we'll be in the private suite with the big-wigs. Dressing to impress, while staying comfortable and cool, is a must. I welcome your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment