Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekend in Review


First of all, Happy Memorial Day! I did take a moment today to remember why we celebrate this day, and to be thankful for all of the men and women who are serving, or who have served, to give us this freedom.
Hunter and I made the most of our long weekend. We were busy and loved every second of it! Here is a recap in pictures:

Friday night
*Crosby, Ellie and I went to Whitney's house for Yappy Hour...our Friday night ritual where our dogs play and she and I catch up over a glass of wine. Check out her tasty spread!
Ellie LOVES playing with Harvey (the puppy) and Tucker (and Crosby, who is thankful for the break from her, loves lounging with the humans). Here's Ellie in action!

*Following Yappy Hour Whitney and I joined our husbands and another friend at the local Mexican restaurant and then convinced the guys we had to play Taboo, girls vs. boys. It was a close game but the girls won by a point! And I promise that Whitney and I were not competitive.at.all.
Saturday
*Hunter golfed, while I went to see this!
While I am glad I went to see the movie, I have to admit that the reviews are on target...it was longer than it needed to be and seriously lacking in plot. I liked the first movie much better, but I enjoyed a few hours with Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda, and appreciate the 'closure' on the series.
Saturday night we were invited to a bbq at a friend's house...delicious food and a fun time!

Sunday
*We took the dogs down to the river...I have never seen the water so high! There were City officials monitoring the parking lot to make sure people had life jackets if they were planning to swim, and the fire department was there and ready with rescue boats.

*Sunday afternoon we went to another cookout--this time for steak and fish tacos. Delicious! I also learned a new recipe for corn and bacon salad/relish...can't wait to make it. We next went to the baseball game. Richmond's newest sports addition is the Flying Squirrels:



Good times with good friends!

And my blue treat of the evening! Perfect on a hot night.*Monday--I think every weekend should be a 3-day weekend (in my former life it was!). Hunter and I relaxed, ran some errands and ended the night at the 3rd cookout of the weekend. Whitney made some sangria-like white wine spritzers:
And we debuted Ellie's pool! We decided she liked the river so much that we would get her a pool, and maybe even Crosby would enjoy it on a hot day.
She was not so sure what to make of it:

So she decided just to stand in and bark. For close to 10 minutes. We had to put a stop to that! :)
Her friend Tucker loved the pool.
And his brother Harvey did, too...he spent most of his time chasing his tail!

And once again Crosby was sitting at the table, eating leftover hot dogs.It was such a great weekend...we are thankful for our fun friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment