*Today was a big day. I am now the proud owner of a MacBook! I am so excited, but was a little stunned when my picture showed up on the screen (a) I didn't know there was a camera in the computer and b) promptly apologized to Hunter for how I currently look!)
*I have been BUSY. Like working 55 hours in one week BUSY. It's pretty stupid and unfortunate if you ask me.
*Beach was great. Pictures to come.
*Last weekend I went to Greenville. I had a fabulous trip, and obviously took pictures. I miss it there, but for the first time since we moved, felt like I was coming "home" when I drove back to VA. Progress in my book.
*Football is back. I guess it's taken 6+ years of dating/living with/loving Hunter, but I am actually, really, truly excited for this year. It's a big year for Richmond with the new stadium debut, but I am also 100% content on the couch watching the Cowboys and Bengals right now. My husband should be oh-so-proud.
*I caved and joined Twitter. After I found out that Hunter booked us plane tix to NYC with a Twitter-only JetBlue deal, I felt like I was missing out. I am really enjoying the tweeting world so far, but I am convinced my tweets would be super much more interesting if I could actually share details of my day.
*Our busy-ness continues. This Friday we're headed to West Virginia to see Hunter's extended family (never been to WV before), then the next weekend is the triathlon, followed by a trip to NY for (Baby) Caroline's 1st birthday, and then Labor Day and Spider Football! Stay tuned.
*I fell off the triathlon train. But so did Susan. So we're going to "cram" train over the next 2 weeks and just take our time. At least we're in this together (and yes, I know this was my idea).
*My reality TV obsession has heightened. I love Bethenny more than I ever thought possible and am so entertained by her show! I am also very intrigued by Tenley's upcoming appearance on the Bachelor Pad tomorrow night. Will have to watch.
*I'll leave you with this amazing recipe. Run, don't walk, to your nearest store/farmers' market/Walmart and buy some fresh peaches. No, it's not a healthy recipe, but it's amazingly delicious.
TOO-EASY PEACH COBBLER
(Food for Thought - Jr League of Birmingham)
Ingredients:
6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
5 slices white bread, crusts removed
1 to 1.5 cups sugar
2 T all-purpose flour
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
Place peaches in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Cut each slice of bread into 5 long strips, and place evenly over fruit.
In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, egg and melted butter. Pour over fruit and bread.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. (Butter and sugar caramelize over bread strips. You won't know it's bread!)
I am loving Bethanny, too! I am prepping for football season as well. It kind of snuck up on me I feel. Got to get all my game day fashions in order.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of joining twitter, too. Let me know how you like it!