Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kiawah 2010


Our family beach trip in July was fabulous. I must admit I was a little nervous going into the week, as this was a MEGA family vacay. My parents, Hunter's parents, our brothers, and a couple days of Aunt Amy and Nana Jane....all under one roof. My fears were unfounded though, as everyone got along famously. Here are the highlights of the week:

Hunter and I went down to Charleston on Friday night for a little "us" time. We lunched at the Vendue Inn's rooftop bar...I had amazing crab cake sliders. The melon punch was quite tasty, too! After lunch we strolled through the market and ended up at a wine tasting. Afterall, we were on vacation! I heart Charleston.


This was our house...impressive, huh? All of the kitchen appliances were Electrolux, and just like Kelly Ripa claims, the water really does boil in 90 seconds! It was a great house though, and very spacious for all of us.


This was the house next door. Just your average beach cottage, right?


One of the highlights of Kiawah is the Annual Drink of the Day contest. Sometimes there is a winner, sometimes there isn't, but everyone gets into the competition (i.e. my husband is already planning the drink for next year). We all drank a lot. Think I'm exaggerating? See below. We had Raspberry Beer Lemonade, Kiawah Kisses (YellowBirds), Fresh Peach Margaritas, Purty 30 Punch, Bloody Marys with a side of shrimp, and Fresh Oj and Lime Lovely 'Ritas. 


In between drinks, we saw the island sights via bike and foot, played in the sand and celebrated birthdays.


And had some sibling bonding time (and I threw in a pic of H and me for good measure)...
And just enjoyed each other's company.
I'm ready to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment