1. I am over the heat. I am waiting for humidity-less days.
2. I found a recipe the other day for peach cupcakes with brown sugar icing. I need to find a reason to make them!
3. I have learned that the Department of Social Services functions much like the Department of Motor Vehicles, with lines, and numbers and long waits and all. I hope to not have to go back to either any time soon.
4. I had lunch with Madeline today. She squealed and smiled and laughed and melted my heart.
5. We have had to switch Ellie's food yet again. We are now trying a hypoallergenic diet to address her itching issues. Let's hope it works. She didn't seem to mind the little bit she got tonight, but I minded the very strong fishy smell. Gross.
6. I think we have a mouse in our house. Not cool. Hunter and I were getting into bed the other night and heard a squeaking noise, opened the door to the laundry area and Crosby immediately ran in sniffing. This is the 2nd rental house with a mouse! WHY ME?
7. Loved the Lilly Summer Sale today. It was quite frustrating trying to get through to place an order, but I finally succeeded and got a cute navy dress for fall!
8. Am loving Twitter. Wouldn't have known about said Lilly sale without it. I don't have enough people to follow yet though, so you should all join.
9. I have decided that I loathe the bathroom at work. The stalls are WAY too close together and there is too much space between the door and the walls. Wish I didn't have to pee every 2 minutes.
10. Am excited about the earthy color palettes I'm seeing everywhere for fall clothes, especially the rust color. Will have to window shop for now, as it's practically impossible to think about wool in 100+ degree heat.
11. 2 weeks till Richmond football starts.
12. Speaking of Richmond, I walked the dogs around campus tonight and saw a few "kids" moving in. Talk about nostalgia. It seems quite impossible that it was 11(!) years ago that I first moved into a dorm...well, quite impossible until I look at the kids and they seem so young which makes me not-so-young. The approaching 3-0 confirms that. Oy.
13. I am watching Glee right now. And an Olive Garden commercial is on. Why are the Olive Garden commercials possibly the only commercials that make me contemplate mapping the location of the nearest OG? Must be my love affair with carbs.
14. I need to write a few thank you notes. I love writing thank you notes. I detest notes that are only 3 sentences and not written from the heart. Why write one at all if it doesn't seem genuine and personal?
15. Anyone seen Eat Pray Love? Thoughts? I didn't make it very far in the book, but I heart Julia so I want to see it.
16. Along with football, it's almost time for apple-picking!
17. Ellie and Crosby need new collars. We are torn: nice leather collars or Richmond Spiders collars? Toss-up.
18. Did you read the latest People with the Duggars on the cover? That show fascinates me.
19. Ever since our WV road trip, my husband has been obsessed with the game Angry Birds on his iPhone. Ever played?
20. My brother and father have been growing beards since the beach. Check them out in their fuzzy glory :)

Got my thank you note huh? Wish I could write them as wonderfully as you!
ReplyDeleteAnd...I really, really miss you!!!
this post makes me happy... makes me laugh... makes me miss you! why cant we be neighbors again?! :)
ReplyDelete