Tonight I cooked Spiced Pork Tenderloin out of my Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast cookbook. It was very tasty, and I had all of the ingredients on hand. Here's the recipe in case you want to add it to your rotation!
Prep: 2 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Other: 13 minutes
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons bourbon
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (1-lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cooking spray
1. Prepare grill (or broiler if it's raining).
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag; seal and shake well. Let stand 10 minutes, turning frequently.
3. Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and pepper. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 160 degrees (slightly pink), basting with reserved marinade. Remove from grill; let stand 3 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 oz pork).
*Note: I was worried that it would taste like bourbon...I think all of it cooked off, because I tasted the cinnamon more than anything!
Calories 178/Fat 4g/Protein 22.5 g/Carb 8.2 g/Fiber 0.2g
You had bourbon on hand! No way!
ReplyDeletei could totally do that with chicken!
ReplyDelete