*I had 2 appointments that no-show'ed today. Therefore it was one of those days where I felt like I ran around all day and got nothing done.
*I am old. And I feel old. One of our new team members was riding around with me today and mentioned that her birthday was next week. I was thinking that she might be 25...but she will be 23. She graduated in 2009. I had already finished college AND my masters by then. At the next appt it came up that I was turning 30. She was sweet and said I didn't look almost-30. One positive, I guess.
*One of my co-workers said "My, you're fussy today." I really try hard to be a positive person, but it was just one of those days! And I guess there's a chance I was huffing and puffing around the office, but it was because Google Maps wouldn't print my directions....TWICE it just printed the address on the page and no directions. Guess Google Maps was just wanting me to get lost.
*I tried to make some of these tonight for tailgate on Saturday. Since it's the1st game of the season, I was ready to pull out all of the baking stops.
As I was making the dough, I realized I needed vanilla and after searching all the cabinets, found I had none. GRRR. So I went to the grocery store. (Note, I had already been to the store once after work, forgot toilet paper, so I sent Hunter by on his way home. Now I was going AGAIN.) Got vanilla, poured it in and looked at the next step. Flour. Well, shit. (pardon my French) Don't have enough of that either. And at this point I have no energy to return to the store for the 3rd time in 3 hours. Cookies tonight = epic fail. SIGH. Now it's in my head that tailgate will be not-as-cute without the cookies.
*We can't seem to catch the damn mouse in our house. Last night I swear we heard it again, but this time in the guest bedroom crinkling through a shopping bag. I guess it's more daring since the dogs are away this wk! I might need to beckon Crosby back to kill it, or at least borrow the neighbor's cat. It is totally creeping me out that a suspected varmint is in my house.
While I know my day could have been way worse and I really have no grounds to complain, I just needed to throw a little pity party. Hopefully with a good night's sleep I'll be my cheery self by tomorrow.

Did you want to turn to her and say, "Thank you, I was trying to figure out if I was having a bad day or not."
ReplyDeleteTotally with you on the mouse thing. We had a problem until I went all mouse killer and started throwing rat poison in the rafters and other places where Tiger couldn't get it. And in case you are worried about the dogs getting it, just remember where you put it and go back the next morning and the little visitors will have taken it away to share with their friends-a plus!
Love you!
Just an idea to help with the cookie problem....Just read on FB that Krispy Kreme has football shaped doughnuts now until the first of Oct! Sounds yummy to me! :)
ReplyDelete