This weekend Hunter and I joined his family for a road trip to Wheeling, WV. I had never been to WV before! We rode in style in this:
We left Friday afternoon....I watched movies, Erik rested:
And Hunter was hard at work. Good thing for that 3G network!
We stopped in Berkeley Springs for dinner. Such a cute town! Karen and I had "Amy's X Rated Kiss".
Champagne, X-rated liquor and something else....so good!After dinner, Erik entertained us with guitar music from the back seat.
We drove through WVU...a great college town but with tons of hills! I don't think I'd want to be walking up and down those hills after hanging out at the bar on a Saturday night. :)
All was well until we got gas at the Sheetz station and Hunter's dad noticed that there was a nail in the tire. Not good! Scott and Erik bought a tire fix-it kit inside, though, patched the tire, and we were back in business!
Saturday morning we took a driving tour of Wheeling, seeing some of the beautiful parks in the area.
The purpose of our visit was to see Hunter's aunt, uncle and cousins, whom I'd never met. Between Hunter's 2 cousins, they have 6 little girls. Such sweet girls, but they were exhausting! We played lots of go fish and crazy eights and I even rolled down the hill in the backyard.
Today, on our way out of town, we stopped at Cooper's Rock State Forest, where we had a gorgeous view, despite the overcast weather.
I am glad I can now say I've been to WV!


No comments:
Post a Comment