Enjoy the pictures!
We had lots of decorations inside, too....flamingo lights...
And fancy pink friends all over the house!
Erik was dressed and ready and posed for the party!
The birthday girl!
I ordered her party hat and wand from this Etsy shop....they were adorable!!
The Knierims before the party
I emailed all of Karen's friends in advance and asked them to bring a note/picture/story about their friendship with her. Then I made her a scrapbook with all of the notes and blank pages for pictures from the party!
One of her sweet friends offered to make cupcakes--she far surpassed my expectations and made them very flamingo fancy!!
We had the party catered and it was delicious. The attendant was amazing and it was well worth not having to worry about food, refilling trays or cleaning up!
One of the unique aspects of the party was the Fancy Flamingo Foto Booth.
I asked Karen to collect various props that people could use in their picture. We bought a mini printer that connected to the camera and spit out credit card sized photos. It was a fun way to add them to Karen's scrapbook and each guest got to take their own copy home. We also got a 4ft blow up flamingo ("Flo") who guests had to pose with.
There was so many fun shots of the guests! I think they enjoyed being silly and the pictures were priceless memories.
Hunter and his mom :)
The birthday girl singing before she blew out the candles on her ice cream cake
The party went into the wee hours of the morning and that Pink Flamingo Punch disappeared!
Hunter and I got to see his high school friend, Evan, and his wife, Sarah. They are amazing friends whom we don't get to see near often enough. Love hanging out with them!
Flo came out to the back porch towards the end...Hunter and I posed with her!
And then the whipped cream came out??!! Here is Brad, Scott's dental partner.
And Allie and Erik ended up the on the floor!
Overall it was a fabulous, fancy, flamingo night!
As guests left, they took their mini picture and a Flamingo cookie with them, ordered from here.
They were delicious!
I had such a blast planning Karen's party--I told her I'm on board to plan her 70th, too. ;)
WOW!!! What a fun time! And great pics! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteRandy