Some November notes:
1. We are going to NYC on Thursday. Cannot wait! Hunter has a work conference on Friday so I'll be left to my own devices, but then we're spending Saturday and Sunday with friends. I a little bit wish we were going in December so I could skate at Rockefeller Center and drink hot chocolate at Serendipity, but that will just be my reason to go back. ;)
2. The rats. Oh, the rats. They are better, but still not completely eradicated. I thought that the evidence had subsided but when we returned from a fun dinner out on Friday night, Crosby seemed interested in the laundry room...we opened the door, there was one in a trap, he caught one in his mouth...it was utter chaos. I spend a lot of time worrying that people won't come to my house, but I promise they're just in my laundry room! Hopefully they're getting the message that it is NOT ok to mess with the Knierims (or their hounds). This has been stressing me out BIGTIME.
3. Apparently my friend Emmelien wasn't too afraid to come stay with us, and even witnessed the Friday night incident. Emmelien flew in from Holland and spent the weekend with us en route to visit her sister in Montreal. I loved that it's been 13 months since we saw each other but we picked right up where we left off. We shopped. sipped, ate, shopped and drank some more. Oh, and we managed to show her some of the "historic Richmond" too.
Supporting boobs with Pink Drinks at Mosaic
Wine tasting at Keswick
4. Our Christmas cards are on their way! We had an impromptu photo shoot at two of the vineyards we visited on Saturday. We had a great day with Hunter's parents and Emmelien, and Crosby and Ellie even got to come along. Among the 131ish pictures taken, we had many, many outtakes. Case in point:5. I hosted a Stella&Dot party Thursday night. The lovely Elizabeth was our consultant, and I am so excited to now call her a friend! We have so much in common and I can't wait to hang out more soon. My party is still open, so if you want to do some early Christmas shopping, please let me know and I can send you the link! (I had a great turnout, but didn't have enough sales to get the rewards, so if you've been eyeing anything, now's the time to buy!)
6. I made these for the party. They were beyond delicious. I suggest you try them.
7. The countdown to 30 is on. Just in case you're not keeping track, we're down to 57 days. And I found a gray hair. Can you sense my enthusiasm?
8. Next month we're going here:
I haven't been in almost 10 years! I can't wait to see my cute husband wearing Mickey ears. Hehe.
I'll leave you with a picture of my Fall princess...her brother was more interested in the food on the table and wouldn't venture toward the pumpkins.


Wink. Glad you are back!
ReplyDelete