Friday night my grandparents hosted a dinner at the country club for just our extended family. It was really fun.
Here is my grandfather and his 3 daughters. No family resemblance at all, right? :)
Grandma and Gramps and me
All the cousins and significant others
Our parents and Grandma and Gramps
Sibling love! (and my dad trying to get in the picture!)
Yet another amazing cake. Remember how I said I was thankful for dessert? We had lots of it.
Making a birthday speech
So cute!
The Young family (plus 2 Knierims now)
More cousin pics!
Shannon and me
I like this picture!
Back at the ranch, everyone played some Rock Band. I am NOT a very good drummer.
And I do not make cute faces when I attempt to keep up with the beat! Hunter said that I've always been beat-challenged, but it took Rock Band to make it noticeable to me.
Saturday my mom and her sisters hosted a big luncheon for Gramps. Gramps was the athletic director and track and field coach (among other sports) at the local high school for many many years. He was also city councilman, and has a million friends. There were over 100 people at the party!
The yummy cupcake table
Hunter, Daddy and me
There was lots of food...
And lots of (old) people. The guests were cute--they would come up to any one of us grandchildren and then try to play the matching-family-member game: "Now whose child are you? Where is your mother? Your grandmother told me xyz about you. Is that true?" Lots of chatty folks zooming around on their Rascals! (I kid you not)
We didn't really know most of the guests, so a few It was humbling to see the response and hear the sweet words of those who came to celebrate Gramps. Many of his track team "boys" flew in from all over the country just for this event. Here is a picture of Gramps and his "sons".
Shannon and I were plum tired by the end!
A little more Rock Band may have played later Saturday night....I'll leave you with a picture that I'll be using as the cover of my first platinum album. :)
You are a hoot!
ReplyDelete