I don't always take pictures of food and drink, but I thought there were some gastro-opportunities this weekend that just needed to be documented.
Drinks at The Boom Boom Room (or Top of the Standard Bar). I think this was Robb's blueberry beer concoction. Quite delicious.
Saturday night we ate dinner at Abe&Arthurs. It was phenomenal. Definitely one of the best meals I've ever eaten.
Angus sliders as an appetizer
Doesn't that just look like a mini version of perfection?
We also had spinach and artichoke dip
And then we moved on to the steaks. This was the Porterhouse for Two...something crazy like 38 oz of meat. It was dry-aged beef...I can't even begin to describe how great it was. Each couple ordered one...and some was taken home.
Mac and cheese and creamed spinach sides
And my favorite: The Carnival!!
These were sugar ricotta donut holes, with mini bottles of caramel and raspberry coulis that you could squirt into the donut holes. Don't you love the presentation, too?
Robb approved.
This morning we ate at The Spotted Pig. Another incredible meal. Hunter was happy to have his picture taken with the pig. :)
The bloody mary was delicious--perfectly spicy (probably had something to do with the unique mix of regular and jalepeno vodka).
Hunter's burger and rosemary fries
And the special I ordered, flash fried poached eggs over chorizo and onions. Yummm!
As you can see, Hunter nor I really need to eat again until Thanksgiving. While we clearly ate more than was needed, each dish was amazing and the experience was made better by sharing with good friends. Hopefully we can return to NYC again soon!
I think Bethenny Frankel had her rehearsal dinner at Abe and Arthur's. I remember the donut hole thing. I am dying to try it!
ReplyDelete