Sunday, November 7, 2010

NYC Part 2

Saturday we started here for brunch--it was a random street find, but turned out to be pretty good.
We walked into the Meatpacking District and walked along the High Line to see amazing views of the city
 Hunter and Robb were thrilled I was taking pictures
We passed DVF...which is of importance because that's where Whitney Port and Olivia Polermo interned together (obviously). And no, I did not get the quintessential DVF wrap dress I think every girl needs. *sigh*
 And then we went back home to get this guy and take him out for a bit. Meet Hudson.
 Isn't he adorable? He's pretty much the cutest non-hound dog ever!
So sweet, and so well-behaved (then again, any dog other than ours seem exceptionally well-behaved and well-mannered!)
 Robb was really excited about Tory Burch. Sadly they didn't have the shoes I wanted in a size 8.
 More city views....

Through the trees you can see where famous people live! These buildings are home to Martha, Calvin Klein and a few others.
 I thought this was cool--pillows on the stairs at the bar!
Saturday night we went to the Boom Boom Room, or the bar at the Standard Hotel. This bar is open by day, but at 9 pm each night all the "regular" peeps get kicked out and only members (aka Madonna, A-Rod and the like) are allowed in. The views were spectacular, and the bar was fun. Totally a mix of super trendy meets Austin Powers. Oh, and to be a server there I think you have to wear retro dresses and have extra lip collagen.

 The bar:
 Loved my NYC weekend with this guy!

Corner firepits
 Random storefront next to Marc Jacobs...
 We had such a fun time with Robb and Robyn!























1 comment:

  1. Looks like ya'll had an absolute BLAST! New York is just so gosh darn fun!

    ReplyDelete