I hung out with her kids (sweet and well-behaved) on Monday. That night she sent me an email asking if I could come on Thursday from 12:30 to 5:30. The times were clear....there was no "ish" attached to either number.
So I arrive today at 12:30 on the dot. I ring the doorbell--no answer. Dog is barking, so even if they were upstairs, it would be clear that someone was at the door. I knock some, sit on the front steps, look again, ring doorbell again...NADA. I didn't have her phone number but had her email address so at 12:52 I emailed her to say "Don't know what happened, but I've been sitting on your porch for 20 minutes. Hope everything is ok."
And I went on my merry way. Errands to run, dogs to play with, etc.
Mommy C calls me at 1:22 and says "Are you coming today?" I explained what had happened and her response? "Well, I had it in my head that you were coming at 1. Are you still coming?"
I was so appalled that she had an attitude with me, that I told her I couldn't as I was already out and about. Was I in the wrong? She made me feel so guilty, yet I truly think it was her responsibility to contact me if she wanted me to wait 30+ minutes for her. Honestly.
Needless to say, the chapter of Richmond babysitting is now closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment