Here are a few of my kitchen favorites right now:
1. Microplane graterAMAZING. I am embarrassed to admit that I only used this for the first time this past week (it was a wedding gift). However, I thought it was fabulous and now I will use it all the time...probably for things I don't need it for! ha! This would be a great stocking stuffer!
2. Slow Cooker Thai Chicken

4. Cafe Bustelo
Love this coffee. I have had a hard time finding it here in Richmond; thankfully Hunter's mom stocked me up in Charlottesville! It is smooth and rich, yet super cheap by coffee standards.
2. Slow Cooker Thai ChickenI love my slow cooker, but I often struggle to find recipes that are healthy and appetizing once all mixed together (yes, I don't always love my food to all touch). I made this recipe last week and Hunter and I both loved it. I served with brown rice and steamed snap peas.
Thai Chicken
Makes 6 servings
2.5 lbs chicken pieces (I used boneless skinless breasts)
1 c hot salsa (you could use mild if you want to dial down the spice)
1/4 c peanut butter
2 T lime juice
1 T soy sauce
1 t minced fresh ginger
Hot cooked rice
1/2 c peanuts
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken.
2. Cover; cook on low 8-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours, or until done.
3. Serve chicken and sauce over rice; sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
3. La Croix seltzer
3. La Croix seltzer

Definitely my drink of choice right now. I have a harder time drinking water throughout the day when I am at home, so this provides a tasty substitution to plain water.
Love this coffee. I have had a hard time finding it here in Richmond; thankfully Hunter's mom stocked me up in Charlottesville! It is smooth and rich, yet super cheap by coffee standards. 5. My window sill sign
While I am adjusting more and more each day to our new life, I still have moments where I think I am living someone else's life and I will be tapped on the shoulder and someone will say "Ok! It's time to go back to Greenville!
Before I left Greenville some sweet friends gave me a little sign that now sits on my kitchen window sill that says:
"Behind us are memories...Beside us are friends....Before us are dreams."
So true.
I'm surprised that Mom hasn't claimed that she got you hooked on the La Croix water (or maybe it was the other way around)
ReplyDelete