We have had an exciting morning here at the Knierim residence! Let me set the scene:
-7:30 am: wake up, immediately take Ellie outside; wearing polka dot pj pants and rain boots that are sitting by door
-7:35 am: feed dogs, have to open new can of food
-7:40 am: attempt to get lid fully off of can, but as I wrangle with it, I sliced open my thumb
-7:41 am: blood gushing, I almost pass out, am sitting on kitchen floor trying to get Hunter's attention (he's in the shower)
Fast forward: we decided we needed to go to the urgent care center as the cut was wide (of course I wasn't so worried about it healing as much as I was worried about it getting infected with MRSA)...and 2 hours later I left with 5 stitches. The best part? This is what I was wearing at the urgent care center...
The other people waiting were probably taking pics of my outfit and posting it on their blogs under the "what not to wear" section. Ha!Here's my finger pre-stitches (I wanted to take a pic of the cut but Hunter said he would never read my blog again if I posted that much gore):


So I made it almost 29 years before getting stitches...I guess that's not so bad. The novocaine shot was PAINFUL...Hunter offered to blow bubbles for me, but I had forgotten to bring some. Maybe next time. :)
You are awesome! Love you and miss you.
ReplyDeleteI hope the thumb is better soon :)
You left out the 6:40 AM CST call to Dad to ask advice ;-( Glad you're doing better!! Love you!!
ReplyDelete