Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

How was your Thanksgiving? What was the best part?
Here's a photo recap of ours....

*Thursday morning we went to Charlottesville...these pies were our contribution (Hunter was a huge help, especially with the apple peeling, as I seem to have small panic attacks when I have to use knives or a can opener right now). The pies were delicious, especially the bourbon orange pecan pie. Like my design on the apple pie crust?
*On Friday, we did a lot of this...
Lounging! I cuddled up with a good book for part of the morning, then we decorated Christmas trees and rang in the season with Christmas tunes. Fun and festive.

*Saturday morning we headed back to Richmond early for Spider football! Richmond played Elon and WON! They advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs this coming weekend.

Karen and Scott joined us for tailgate and the game:
Our friends Brittany and Derek stopped in at tailgate...it was so fun to hang out with them! B and D are both Elon alums, but stayed neutral in the Spider crowd. :)
Fun football times!
I took notice of other tailgates around us--I think next year we might need a pole heater for the late fall games? Just kidding. I did get some good ideas though--stay tuned, as we have a prime-time game this weekend! We might have to pull out all the stops!

*On a side note, my finger is healing. Hunter is still grossed out my Frankenstein look, but I think it looks better! There have been many a discussion over the wknd as to whether or not I should return to the urgent care center for stitch removal, or if I should just try it myself. Do you know anyone whose taken their own stitches out? Hmmm. (P.S. If you like gore, and want to see a finger picture, I can email it to you. :) Just let me know!)

*Ellie is also feeling better--still sleepier than normal, but she's eating again and starting to try to play. I am not looking forward to her December treatment as it's a double dose, but I have faith she'll come out of this worm-free and fabulous!

Have a good Monday!


2 comments:

  1. I think Nurse Nancy would say to take them out yourself, save the money :)
    We need to talk soon!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm glad you worked Bourbon into the Thanksgiving dinner menu...we were less successful but we shall fix this at Christmas!

    2. I think you should take the stitches out yourself, or get Hunter to do it for you.

    3. Ellie looks very cute in her close up...i can almost see her boogers! haha

    ReplyDelete